Throughout the past 25 years I have been blessed with the privilege of wonderful friends. The kind of friends that no matter how much time you spend apart, you are still just as close as ever. The kind of friends that are there for you no matter what they have to sacrifice. The kind of friends who aren't afraid to set you straight when you need a good slap across the face. At the end of August, I got to take a short trip and quickly visit four of these very friends.....
First stop - Lacey in Gore, Oklahoma. I first met Lacey in 5th grade when I moved to the small town Gore, Oklahoma. You see, Lacey was a unique girl in the bunch. I never had to worry about her "stealing" my boyfriend - although, we once agreed to swap boyfriends for a week. I never had to worry about her talking behind my back. Lacey was the kind of girl who loved me for who I was and stood behind me no matter what. It was never Lacey first and friends second - we were always in it together. 10 years later, Lacey is still the same sweet friend. Just as concerned about me as she is herself. Thank you Lacey for being such a great friend. I love you!
Second stop - The Aldrige's House in Kansas City. Although I attribute two best friends to this stop, it is really more like a family. We laugh, we cry, we fight, we tease, we triangle - all the best qualities you would find among three sisters. The thing is, sisters are as thick as blood and no matter what, we are always there for one another. But, this family doesn't just come with two sisters. It comes with a mom, a dad, a brother-in-law, 3 dogs, a niece, and a soon-to-be nephew. I'm so lucky to feel a part of this family. I love you all!
Third stop - Michelle's House. Michelle is another one of those great, true friends. Typically, we are known for our crazy moments - such as mooning Brent out the window of a moving car. However, I always know Michelle is there for the serious moments too. Over the past 6 years Michelle and I have gone through some major life moments and I've been lucky to have her there by my side. I love you girl!
Here are some pictures from my journeys....
Lacey and I posed for the same pictures we took 10 years ago!
Liz at about 7 months. Can't wait to meet Mason Eli Morrow!
Katherine's kiddos: Cooper and Ellie.
All the girls (and the dogs).
Michelle and I with our favorite pastime. Chocolate chip cookies, Dr. Pepper, girlie movie, and skip-bo.
Finally, I'm especially lucky to be married to my "bestest" friend. I love having someone to live life with - even when things get a little tough. Here's to the next couple of months, whatever they bring. I love you B!
Brent and I before Celeste's rehearsal dinner.
You are so sweet! Glad you had a wonderful trip! Miss you!
ReplyDelete