
As many of you know, a couple of years ago I started a small craft business. Brent and I were living in the fascinating place of Italy (so as not to fool you, I mean Italy, Texas). Brent was in the middle of seminary and working at a local church as their youth minister. I, on the other hand, spent most of my time doing nothing. It seemed that finding a job with a BA in religion in a small-town community was impossible. Bored to death, I began looking for ways to make money. On a Saturday in October, a few of the "Bowden" women got together for a day of cross making. My mother-in-law had come up with a cool design for a cross and decided it would be fun to all get together and make it as a family. Least to say, with the holidays around the corner, the "Bowden" women made quite a good run with their crosses. However, it wasn't possible for us to get together every month for a day or two of cross making. With nothing better to do than sit in a windowless parsonage in fluorescent lighting, my mother-in-law let me take her idea and run with it. Now, over two years later, here I am with a small full-fledged craft business. Its funny the way God puts things in your life to help you see things differently. I never saw myself as a "business" woman and I am not sure I do yet. But it seems clear to me that God wants me to see things I hadn't seen in myself. I'm not sure where this will take me in my life. But I do know that I've enjoyed the journey and that I've grown in my understanding of myself along the way. I am thankful for this gift I've been given and ever indebted to my mother-in-law for giving me this great opportunity.
Editor's (Brent) note: She has one awesome director of pine fabrication on her management team. You should ask her about him.
Hi Anna,
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog through the Cook's and thought you seemed familiar. After racking my brain, I realized I (sorta) know you. I work for Regina, your accountant. Your crosses are super cute and it looks like you're having fun with your business. Keep it up!